Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"A World Away"

My job is a lonely universe.
A world of cars, clients and verdicts.
In meditative contemplation I drive to and fro
While I’m fed from the classroom my IPOD has become.

It’s a love-hate relationship, this existence I find,
Between everyday life and the dreams that I weave.
What-ifs color my landscape and I awaken anew,
To a world from my childhood where I once held the key.

But all good dreams must come to an end...

I see the importance of career, prestige and advancement,
But it is not where my true passion lies.
My heart is in the arts, the aesthetic, the pure.
The magnificence of a world I have yet to explore.

Still I'm preparing, saving and planning,
Working my hands down to the bone
For some uncertain day of some uncertain future
In some distant old folks home from which I’m sure to escape

My spirit is not complacent with that possible outcome

I will run,
I will hide,
I will live.

- Eddie V.

5 comments:

Cynthia Pittmann said...

And may your spirit soar in the freedom of a realized dream!

Cynthia Pittmann said...

BTW Passion4, my blog address changed so could you come back to owl and re-sign up. When I clicked on Oasis Writing Link, from your blog, it says that the blog no longer exists. (oasiswritinglink.blogspot.com)

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Passion4, you've been tagged at OWL blog to list 6 random things about yourself. Come over and check it out.

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Passion4, you've changed your address and have gone back to Passion4Blue? I had to change the link to get it to come to you. My readers are going to another blog with Passion4Words (or some such) as the UserName. Email me to find out about the tagging. oasiswritinglink@gmail.com

Passion4Blue said...

Yes, it has been strange and confusing. I still use Passion4Words as the main name, but the account was created using Passion4Blue when I first set it up.

Jeez, I don't even know what I did anymore.

Oh well...so many passwords, so many pseudonyms, so many websites, am I losing my mind?