Sunday, January 4, 2009

"Plastic Laughter"

Plastic laughter in the air
Plastic laughter everywhere
Appease the manager if you can
With laughing gas from Afghanistan

It ain’t funny but you laugh
Like some retarded coked giraffe
Brownie points are on the way
Boost his ego - increase your pay

Secure your spot in his mind’s eye
Freeze that smile - though it’s a lie
Let it loose, let it roll
When he’s gone back into his hole

What a drag it has to be
To laugh at what’s not comedy
Snaps his fingers and there you go
Back into fake plastic laughter mode

Plastic laughter in the air
Plastic laughter everywhere
Appease the manager if you can
With laughing gas from Afghanistan

-Eddie V.

5 comments:

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Hi Eddie, what were you thinking about when you wrote this poem...the part that comes across to me is the artifical insincere behavior...but was there someone in your mind that inspired the poem? (Seems like everyone is trying to please...and not being real.)

Passion4Blue said...

I have a certain account, which I'll not name for obvious reasons, but every morning I hear all this insincere laughter going on whenever the manager blurts out some lame joke.

I can clearly hear the jokes since this guy makes sure everyone can hear him across the office. I just sit there thinking to myself, "My Lord, that was so bad!"

The all around laughter just sounds so phony, but hey, he's the boss man.

I don't expect this manager to be around for very long, since he may start to believe he has a career in Stand Up comedy.

Cynthia said...

It sounds like the guy in "Office"-Did you get Wendell hooked on that one too?

Passion4Blue said...

Guilty as charged! I love that show! The only problem is this guy at this very real office is not even as funny as the one on TV.

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Too bad...:-)!